This file is prepared by Anti-Coal Egyptians, a coalition of NGOs and experts, including ECESR, working to stop the use of coal in various industries and energy production
The file includes:
- Anti-Coal Egyptians’ statement: cement companies extorts the state and Egyptians, would we succumb to blackmail?
- Position paper: A Position paper issued by Anti-Coal Egyptians with respect to the use of coal as an energy source, including accurate information based on a research paper on the use of coal and its problems.
- A research paper: it addresses the road to power self-sufficiency in Egypt and alternatives to the use of coal in the cement industry.
- An official fax from Tourism Investors Association for Development, Environment and Tourism regarding the import of coal for the cement industry and its impact on health and environment.
- A medical study: it is about health hazards as a result to the use of coal in the cement factories.
More of the ECESR’s environmental justice program:
- The ECESR’s statement on the government’s tendency to approve the use of coal in the cement industry.
- A position paper by the ECESR on the issue.
- A statement on the lawsuit filed by ECESR calling for stopping the use of coal.
Letters from ECESR and other organizations to the concerned bodies:
- Civil society organizations’ letter to government ministers about the decision of using coal.
- Civil society letters to the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development on its plans to finance government projects fueled by coal (and a detailed memorandum attached to respond to all Bank allegations).