Social Rights Social Security

“Alexandria for Castings” Workers Protest against Factory Closure and non-Payment of Wages

The workers of Alexandria-based factory for Castings, owned by Ahmed Hassanein Heikal, went on protest against the factory closure and non-payment of their wages.

 

It is noteworthy that the workers, totaling 750 workers, had received a notice from the administration in January 1st telling workers that the factory will be closed and the workers’ salaries will be paid.

 

The workers’ salaries for the month of December last year were not paid, and after protesting against the lack of payment the administration reimbursed 40% of their wages and so far it didn’t pay the remaining 60%.

The workers headed to the Police station and the Ministry of Manpower to make official reports, but to no avail.